- 1 1/2 c mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c oil
- 1/2 applesauce
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the banana, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, oil and applesauce.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl, stir until well mixed.
- Beating on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, beat until moist.
- Spread into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Banana Bread in 1,001 Low-fat Recipes
Courses bread, breakfast