Chocolate Coconut Bread
Yield 1 loaf
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c milk, I used almond milk
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c toasted coconut, 1/4 c reserved for topping
- 1/3 c chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare a large loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, toasted coconut, baking powder and salt; incorporate the dry mixture into the wet, until just moist.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and spread the batter into your pan, sprinkle the 1/4 c reserved coconut on top.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes; until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove to a wire rack and finish cooling.
- Slice and serve.
Courses bread, breakfast