Yield 12 muffins
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 banana, small
- 1 egg, extra large
- 3/4 c milk
- 4 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375º and line a 12 c muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl mash the banana and whisk together with the milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until just combined; add the mini chocolate chips and divide the batter among the paper liners.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until a tester comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, serve warm.
Courses breakfast, muffin
Recipe adapted from Banana Brownie Muffin Cakes by Lisa Slater