Chocolatey, gooey, delicious brownie muffins are the perfect indulgent way to start your day.
I love brownies. They are probably my favorite baked good, I remember when my husband and I were planning our wedding almost 4 years ago and I seriously considered serving brownies and cupcakes. You probably already know my love for chocolate and muffins, so a recipe for brownie muffins should come as no surprise!
Thursday was book club day again, have I mentioned that I love having a reason to bake. I knew I wanted chocolate and muffins are quick, so I turned to my Brownie Points cookbook for guidance. This recipe is an adaptation of a muffin brownie cake, slightly healthier than the original, but equally as delicious. Chocolatey, gooey and delicious, served warm with a glass of milk, you’ll be in dessert, I mean breakfast heaven. Enjoy and happy baking!
Recipe type: breakfast, muffin
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 c flour
- ½ c cocoa
- ¾ c sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 banana, small
- 1 egg, extra large
- ¾ c milk
- 4 Tbs coconut oil
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375º and line a 12 c muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl mash the banana and whisk together with the milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until just combined; add the mini chocolate chips and divide the batter among the paper liners.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until a tester comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Banana Brownie Muffin Cakes by Lisa Slater