- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c mini chocolate chips (1 -2 Tbs more if topping each muffin)
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped (1 -2 Tbs more if topping each muffin)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 c caramel sauce + 1-2 Tbs for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a 12 c muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and pecans and toss to coat (that way they won't all sink to the bottom).
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the egg, milk, Greek yogurt and caramel sauce.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, optional: top with a few extra nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove carefully and let cool in the pan 10 minutes, transfer to a plate and drizzle with caramel sauce; serve warm.
Courses breakfast, muffin
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.