Chewy, spicy, cinnamon gummy candy is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for the cinnamon lover in your life.
I have a confession, I am obsessed with cinnamon bears! I absolutely love them, but unfortunately they are pretty hard to find out here in Florida. I tried the ones they sell at Target, the first few bags were pretty good, but then I bought another bag a month or so after the first couple and the taste and texture were different = more waxy and firm less cinnamony-goodness. Needless to say I haven’t bought them from there since.
I have been wanting to try my hand at making gummy candy for a while now and yesterday I finally decided to take action! I’m going to be honest, I was intimidated to make these, there are tons of recipes online for gummies using a gelatin and jello mixture, but since I wanted mine to be cinnamon, I didn’t think using a cherry base was the best option. So after scouring the internet for a while I finally decided to use this recipe as my starting point.
I wasn’t quite sure how it was going to turn out using juice, but the strong cinnamon flavor of my LorAnn Cinnamon Oil prevailed. I am definitely going to be trying these again soon, tweaking the recipe here and there. I’ll definitely update you all when I get them to an exact science. I hope you’ll give these a try – Valentine’s Day is just around the corner you know; chewy, spicy cinnamon gummy candy for the cinnamon lover in your life, enjoy!
Cinnamon Gummy Candy
Yield 4 dozen candies
- 1/2 c juice (I used Northlands Cranberry Pomegranate)
- 4 packets unflavored Knox Gelatin
- 1 Tbs honey (more for sweeter)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon oil (I recommend LorAnn, it's a true quality product)
- 3 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Prepare four 12 filling candy molds with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add the juice and sprinkle the gelatin over, let sit 5-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Over medium heat melt the gelatin mixture until smooth, remove from heat and add the honey and cinnamon oil and stir until smooth.
- Using a measuring spoon or spouted measuring cup pour the mixture into the molds and let sit 5 minutes.
- Transfer the molds to the freezer for an additional 5-10 minutes for firming.
- Pop out the gummies and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Homemade SCD Gummy Candy by Comfy Tummy