Easy Apple Cinnamon Turnovers are delicious, flaky pastries filled with tender apple and cinnamon flavors, a perfect grab and go breakfast or end to any meal!
I love apple desserts of all kinds, cake, fritters, pie, you name it. Not only is making your own turnovers so easy, it’s irresistibly delicious. If you’re anything like me, then it is hard to resist a fresh from the oven apple turnover. The combination of apples and cinnamon doesn’t just taste good it smells heavenly too!
Whether you like them for dessert with a scoop of ice cream or as a sweet start to your day, you’re going to love these Easy Apple Cinnamon Turnovers. Flaky pastries are filled with delicious apples and cinnamon, and topped with a drizzle of icing. I hope you will make them soon, enjoy and happy baking!
Easy Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
Yield 4 turnovers
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs cooking liquid
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- To a small saucepan over medium heat add the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and corn starch, stir to combine and cook until tender about 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice your sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal pieces and place on the baking sheet.
- Add a scoop of the apples (make sure to reserve 1 Tbs of the liquid from the cooked apples) to the lower right section of the pastry and fold the left top corner down to meet the right one, forming a triangle. Using a fork crimp the edges of the pastry to close.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown on top, let cool on the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, reserved cooking liquid and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle the pastries with the icing and serve warm.
Remember to reserve 1 Tbs of the liquid from the cooked apples for the icing.
Courses Breakfast, Dessert
Looking for more delicious apple goodness? Check out what the rest of the Feast & Devour crew are sharing:
Dad’s Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Coffee Cake from Bread Booze Bacon
The Best Cinnamon Rolls from Cooking with Curls
Cinnamon Apple Crescent Braid from The Two Bite Club
Still want more? try these tasty apple recipes: