Apple Cider Mini Donuts are loaded with apple cinnamon flavors, baked to perfection and coated with an irresistible cinnamon sugar crust.
If you use cooking spray everyday like we do our house, then you are going to love the newest product line from Pompeian Olive Oil. It’s a trio of All Natural Non-Stick Cooking Sprays, including OlivExtra Original (the perfect blend of Canola Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Avocado Oil Spray and Coconut Oil Spray.
As a Pantry Insider for Pompeian I was sent the OliveExtra Original to share with you all today. OlivExtra is a blend of 15% Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 85% canola oil, with no propellants in the spray. A revolutionary pouch system keeps the oil fresh longer and keeps out air and light. With a smoke point of 410-425 Degrees F, it’s great for making these donuts but also perfect for salads, drizzling or sautéing. It makes a great healthy substitute for corn and vegetable oils and uses all-natural, non-GMO sunflower lecithin to eliminate the need of chemicals and propellants to make the perfect non-stick cooking spray.
That’s a lot of talk to live up to, but trust me it does! My favorite feature of the new cooking spray is definitely the triple action dispenser. Depending on how you apply pressure to the nozzle you can drip, stream or spray the oil to meet all of your cooking needs. My least favorite part of spending time in the kitchen is definitely clean up, so it’s nice to have one less ingredient to put back away. Which means that you can make these apple cider mini donuts with one less ingredient to search you cupboards for! You start by dripping a few Tbs into the batter and then use the same bottle to spray your baking pans for preparation. I mean, how awesome is that?
A sweet cinnamon and sugar crust surrounds these soft, apple cider donuts that makes them a truly delicious breakfast or snack. I can’t wait until my local grocery store starts selling all the new varieties of Pompeian Cooking Sprays, which one will you try first? I’m definitely headed for the coconut oil next. I hope you enjoy the donuts as much as my family has, have a great weekend and happy baking!
- ¼ c sugar
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Pompeian OlivExtra Original Cooking Spray
- 1 egg, extra large
- ¼ c + 2 Tbs apple cider
- 1 c unbleached all purpose flour
- ⅓ c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ c apples, finely diced (I used Winesap variety)
- 1 Tbs apple cider
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ Tbs butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 400º F and prepare two donut pans with Pompeian OlivExtra Original Cooking Spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, Pompeian OlivExtra Original Cooking Spray, egg and apple cider.
- In a separate mixing bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl toss the diced apple with 1 Tbs of apple cider and cinnamon to coat evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until it just comes together, fold in the diced apples.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the donut pans and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool in the pan 5 minutes.
- Brush the donuts with melted butter and toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.