These Quick & Easy Dinner Rolls are soft and fluffy and make the perfect addition to any dinner!
Father’s Day really snuck up on me this year, I knew it was coming not long after the baby’s arrival, but I just wasn’t as prepared as I had planned on being. Lucky for me the meal my hubby wanted is an easy one to prepare, so I thought in addition to the chicken and noodles I would bake some fresh rolls. This recipe is very easy, no kneading and with only an hour of rising time you can have them pretty much any night with dinner. Soft, fluffy little rolls are just lightly sweetened with honey. These Quick & Easy Dinner Rolls make the perfect side to your holiday meals or weeknight dinner. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we do, happy baking!
Quick & Easy Dinner Rolls
Yield 12 rolls
- 2 Tbs warm water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 c milk
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the water and yeast to a small bowl and let it bloom for about 5 minutes, then stir in the honey. In a small saucepan heat the milk almost to a boil and remove, add the butter and stir until melted, whisk in the egg and yeast mixture.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flours and salt, then stir in the wet ingredients until a soft dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400º and prepare a 12 c muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop the dough into each of the muffin wells and bake for 8-10 minutes; until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the pan and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Dinner Rolls in The Essential Mormon Cookbook by Julie Badger Jensen
Courses bread, roll