This delicious, easy Cranberry Apple Crisp for One is the perfect fall dessert that won’t sabotage your diet and tastes great too!
I love baking with cranberries, the tartness pairs so wonderfully with sweet that I just can’t resist it. So naturally when I found out that the ingredient of the month for Feast & Devour was cranberry I knew I had to jump in. This is a scaled version of a recipe I shared years ago, still just as delicious but with better photos and you don’t have to share it!
The first time I ever tried this dessert was almost 15 years ago at a work Thanksgiving potluck and I absolutely fell in love with it. My sweet coworker kindly shared the recipe and now today I get to share it with you. If you love a good crisp recipe as much as I do, then you are going to want to try this one soon. Tender apples are tossed with tart, fresh cranberries and finished with a deliciously crunchy oat topping. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of fresh whipped cream or enjoy it all by itself. Enjoy and happy baking!
Cranberry Apple Crisp for One
Yield 1 crisp
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 c cranberries, fresh
- 2 Tbs apple juice/cider
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare a small cast iron skillet (5" or 6") with a light coating of coconut oil.
- In a small bowl stir together the cranberries, apple juice/cider and lemon juice and arrange the mixture in your cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl stir together the oats, brown sugar, salt, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Spread the oat topping over the cranberry apple mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Remove carefully from the oven, cool 10 minutes and serve warm.
Check out the rest of this month’s Feast & Devour Cranberry Recipes: