Blueberry crisp meets oatmeal cookie bar in these crisp, Blueberry White Chocolate Oat Bars, an irresistibly easy dessert!
This month Feast and Devour is all about blueberries! You know how I love baking, but I don’t turn my oven on for just any dessert when the temperatures are above 90º at 8 am in the morning! But when you’re gifted a bunch of fresh blueberries it seems like the perfect occasion to do just that. I wanted to try my hand at something new so first I made some simple blueberry jam and then I spread a nice thick layer of it in the center of these tasty oat bars.
They are a healthy-ish treat that is perfect for summer, picnics, the forth of July or anytime of year! I had to give them away so I didn’t continue to snack on them, which admittedly was good for my waistline, but also sad when the afternoon sweets cravings struck.
These Blueberry White Chocolate Oat Bars are so easy to make and have a crisp base/topping of oats and almonds that is filled with a layer of delicious blueberry jam, enjoy and happy baking!
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c all purpose flour
- ½ c sliced almonds
- ¾ c brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ c coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c blueberry jam
- ¼ c white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line a 9x9" baking pan with foil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, almonds, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, stir in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Press about ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom of your foil lined pan and spread the jam on top, leaving about ½" around the edge.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the jam and crumble the remaining oat mixture over the jam and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until the edges begin to crisp and the top is golden.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, carefully lift out the foil from the pan and slice into bars.
- Serve warm, store remaining bars in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Check out all the other delicious blueberry recipes this month:
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake from Bread Booze Bacon
Blueberry Coffee Cake from I Heart Eating
Frozen Blueberry Margaritas from Cooking with Curls
No Bake Red, White, and Blue Cake from Home. Made. Interest.
Berries & Cream Trifle from Celebrating Sweets
Two Bite Blueberry Muffins from The Two Bite Club
Blueberry Lemonade from Liz on Call