White chocolate covered pretzels, pecans and lots of chocolate chips come together in these Pretzel Pecan Crumb Bars that are perfect served warm with a side of ice cream.
When I was a kid my dad was always a fan of desserts with nuts in them, ice cream, brownies, cookies you name it. He celebrated a birthday last week and with Father’s Day coming much sooner than I’ll be prepared for I thought it was the perfect time to share these Pretzel Pecan Bars. They are buttery squares filled with white chocolate pretzel pieces, pecans and chocolate chips, definitely something my dad would love.
With the temperatures starting to rise that means more fun = picnics and family get togethers increase. These buttery, Pretzel Pecan Crumb Bars make a perfect ending to any meal. They are fantastic alone but even better when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or you can make it a real treat and throw a little chocolate fudge on top as well. I really think you’re going to love them too. Easy to make, delicious, basically a real crowd pleaser, so enjoy and happy baking!
- 2¼ c all-purpose flour
- ½ c old fashioned oats
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ¼ c sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c butter, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 white chocolate covered pretzels, roughly chopped
- ½ c chocolate chips
- ½ c pecans, chopped
- ¼ c sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line an 8"x8" baking pan with foil, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is a sandy texture, stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Press ⅔ of the dough mixture into the bottom of your baking pan and sprinkle the chopped pretzels, pecans and chocolate chips over the crust layer.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk on top and drop the remaining crumb topping randomly over the top.
- Bake for about 30-32 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, slice and serve.
- Store remaining bars in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Looking for more easy desserts?