Happy Earth Day! Any big plans for the day? Are you planting a tree or cleaning up the neighborhood? These are the kind of activities we used to do when I was a kid and hopefully in a few years when my little ones are old enough to appreciate it, we’ll do them too. Today I am sharing a super easy and delicious cookie bar recipe, White Chocolate Fruity Pebble Bars. I just love the fun bright colors in them, they make the perfect Earth Day treat to share.
A fruity twist on the classic “Congo Bar” these White Chocolate Fruity Pebble Bars are a take on the crispy chocolate chip oat cookies I made last month. I just loved the texture of the crisp rice cereal in these soft cookie bars and you can never go wrong with adding a bit of white chocolate.
However you decide to celebrate Earth Day, I hope you’ll enjoy these cookie bars; happy baking!
White Chocolate Fruity Pebble Bars
Yield 9 bars
- 3/4 c sugar
- 4 Tbs butter, softened
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c Fruity Pebble cereal
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare an 8"x 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture, fold in the white chocolate chips and the Fruity Pebbles.
- Press the cookie dough into the baking pan and bake for 20-22 minutes, the edges will begin to crisp.
- Cool in the pan completely, slice and serve.
Courses cookie bar, dessert
Serving Size 1 bar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.