Wow your family and friends with a slice or two of this delicious Apple Cinnamon Bread, it’s soft, fluffy and loaded with sweet apples and tons of cinnamon flavor. For my final recipe of Brunch Week I just had to share one of my absolute favorite things to eat, bread! I love baking breads, so I wanted to put the Red Star Platinum Yeast I was sent to good use. I threw in a bit of Dixie Crystals sugar and some truly beautiful Lady Alice apples from Rainer Fruit and viola, this tasty dessert-like bread was a hit.
Don’t be afraid of baking yeast bread, it really is simple and so worth the effort. If you love a nice sweet bread with your morning cup of tea or coffee then you are going to love this delicious Apple Cinnamon Bread. Just be sure to grab a slice of it before it’s all gone! I hope you will enjoy eating it as much as we do, happy baking.
- ¾ c + 3 Tbs warm water
- 1¼ teaspoons active dry yeast, I used Red Star
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1½ Tbs canola oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 large apple, diced - I used Lady Alice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk, large
- ¼ c sugar
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- 1Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs milk
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the warm water, yeast and sugar, let sit for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Next add the oil, honey and 1 cup of flour, mix until combined, then cover and let sit in a warm place for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the sea salt and final cup of flour.
- With your mixer on low, using the dough hook, knead for 7 min, it should be smooth and elastic when finished.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled about 30-45 min.
- While the dough is rising make the apple filling, in a bowl combine the apple, cinnamon, egg yolk and sugar and set aside.
- Once the dough is done rising, shape it into a rectangle and spread the apple filling in the center of the rectangle.
- Roll the loaf into itself and place into a well greased 5"x9" loaf pan.
- Cut a row of slits in the top of the dough in one direction and then again in the opposite direction.
- Cover and let rise while your oven preheats to 350º.
- Bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes then loosely cover with foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, turn the loaf out onto the rack and cool another 10-15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, butter vanilla and cinnamon, stir until smooth.
- Place a bit of parchment under the cooling rack and glaze generously.
- Slice and serve.
- Store any leftover slices in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Don’t forget you still have a bit of time to enter the Brunch Week Giveaway, enter here.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Blackberry Mint Bellinis from Sweet Beginnings
Cardamom Rose Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Lemon & Blueberry Mocktail from Girl Abroad
Mango Pina Colada from The Spiffy Cookie
Sparkling Mojito Lime Rickies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Cheesy Asparagus Bacon Quiche from The Nifty Foodie
Creamed Asparagus Omelet from Wholistic Woman
Eggs in Hell from kimchi MOM
Asparagus and Cheddar Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen
Spring Veggie Quiche from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Cheddar Cream Cheese Danish from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Apple Cinnamon Bread from It Bakes Me Happy
Gluten Free Apple Waffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
Banana Bread Buttermilk Pancakes from Love and Confections
Blackberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls from Pink Cake Plate
Brown Sugar Poptarts from Big Bear’s Wife
Creme Brulee French Toast from The Barbee Housewife
Cherry Almond Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door
Cheddar Dinner Rolls from Family Around the Table
Cinnamon Apple Danish from Nik Snacks
Garlic and Herb Pull Apart Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake from Books n’ Cooks
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Country Ham Biscuits with Peach Mustard from Palatable Pastime
Ham, Apple and Cheddar Melts from Cookaholic Wife
Ham, Egg, and Asparagus Breakfast Pizza Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Shaved Asparagus, Herb Cream Cheese, and Smoked Salmon Pizza from Sarcastic Cooking
Yumbo Sliders from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Rhubarb Crunch from Cooking with Carlee
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.