A true breakfast indulgence; these Cinnamon Crumb Muffins are a moist, sweet, cinnamon filled muffin topped with a delicious layer of cinnamon crumb topping.
Friday was my hubby’s birthday; so in honor of him, I am sharing these Cinnamon Crumb Muffins. He is a huge fan of pretty much anything baked with cinnamon in it. You probably already know that I have a slight muffin obsession and these babies are no exception! A true breakfast indulgence; these moist, sweet, cinnamon filled muffins are topped with a delicious layer of cinnamon crumb topping. They make a delectable treat anytime of day, so go on and bake yourself up a batch to share. Enjoy and happy baking!
Cinnamon Crumb Muffins
Recipe type: breakfast, muffin
Serves: 6 muffins
for the muffins:
- 1 egg
- ¾ c milk
- ⅓ c apple sauce
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1¾ c all-purpose flour
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
for the crumb topping:
- ⅓ c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 400º and line a 6 well muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the egg, milk, apple sauce and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened.
- In a small bowl combine all of the topping ingredients and mix until a sand-like texture is achived. Spoon the batter into the paper liners and top generously with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from muffins in Better Homes & Gardens: Complete Step-By-Step Cook Book