Today I am sharing a recipe for muffins, an adaptation of a blueberry muffin recipe passed on from my aunt. If there is one thing my family and friends know about me, it is that muffins are one of my absolute favorite breakfast treats. If you visit my recipe archives you’ll see I have a slight obsession. These miniature muffins are moist, lightly sweet and filled with little bites of chocolate goodness; enjoy and happy baking!
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Yield 2 dozen mini muffins
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/3 c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375º and line a mini muffin pan with papers.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream the coconut oil and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg and blend well, then add the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and milk and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, mixing just until incorporated.
- Spoon 1 Tbs of batter into each baking cup and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden on top.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, remove to a wire rack and cool completely
Courses breakfast, muffin