Turn your favorite banana bread recipe it a delicious chocolate breakfast in this Baked Chocolate Banana French Toast.
Lately on Pinterest I have been seeing a lot of baked French Toast recipes and then yesterday I saw this amazing one on Bakerella. I was inspired, so I whipped together a little recipe of my own. Monday night I baked banana bread and I don’t know if maybe there is something wrong with me or my oven but for some reason it overflowed. The oven got all charred and nasty and there was smoke filling the house, not cool – I have NEVER had a problem like this before. Needless to say 25 to 30 minutes into the hour it takes to bake I just had to shut the oven off and stop the madness.
I wasn’t expecting it to turn out but wouldn’t you know it when I went to clean my oven the next morning it was cooked all the way through. It was however a little too moist to really slice and eat so I put it in a Gladware and set it aside. Well I had been thinking about the post I saw from Bakerella and the many other pins and I just couldn’t get it out of my head. I threw together this new recipe, it was just basic staples that I added to the banana bread and viola! a yummy breakfast/dessert treat was born. I hope next time your not sure what to do with the last few slices of banana bread or just in the mood for something really decadent, you’ll give this recipe a try.
Baked Chocolate Banana French Toast
Recipe type: breakfast
Serves: 1 serving
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 egg
- 2 slices Banana Bread, cut into six pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350º and spray a small loaf pan or other baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk together the first 5 ingredients and then dip the bread to coat all sides.
- Place the bread into your pan, top with some honey vanilla sprinkles or brown sugar and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, enjoy warm or try it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Enjoy and happy baking!