Chewy peanut butter cookies, sandwiched with a rich, smooth chocolate icing make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies a great after school snack!
If you have kids in school then you know they always come home hungry. ALWAYS! Now my kids are still very young, school ends at noon for them and they eat lunch at 11:30 a.m. But every day, never fails, they want a snack when they get home. I will admit, I typically don’t let them have sugar before nap time – lucky for me my two year old still takes a nap. However, once nap time is over, I am totally fine with a cookie or popsicle treat.
What better way to satisfy your after school cravings than with the traditional milk and cookie snack. Soft, chewy peanut butter cookies are paired with a creamy chocolate icing in this classic flavor combo. Whether you eat them for breakfast, after school or as a midnight snack, you are sure to love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. Enjoy and happy baking!
- ½ c peanut butter, creamy
- ½ c +2 Tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ oz 60% Cacao Chocolate, I used Ghirardelli
- 2 Tbs milk
- 4 Tbs butter, softened
- 1½ c powdered sugar
- Stir together the peanut butter, sugar egg and vanilla extract.
- Scoop by 1½ Tbs rounds and place 2" apart on a lined baking pan, sightly flatten with the palm of your hand and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chocolate, milk and butter and melt in the microwave until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe the filling mixture on to the flat side of 6 cookies, placing a second cookie on top to create a sandwich.
- Serve immediately or store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.