Broccoli and cheese are the stars of this Broccoli Cheese Casserole a comforting side dish perfect for the holiday season.
Can you believe November is already half way over almost? That means Thanksgiving is just around the corner! What’s not to love about a holiday centered around family, friends and delicious food. So to celebrate the upcoming holiday, Meghan from Cake ‘n Knife and Susannah from Feast + West are hosting Blogsgiving Dinner. That means more than 60 blogs will be sharing recipes perfect for your Thanksgiving mean all week this week!
The idea behind Blogsgiving Dinner is based on an old-fashioned potluck dinner party. Each blogger is brings one or more dishes to the party, so be sure to check out each one to get some ideas for your own Thanksgiving meal. We’ll be posting to social media with the hashtag #blogsgivingdinner so you can follow along with the fun. Or you can check out the whole menu in Part 1 and Part 2 of the recipe round-up.
What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than with a family favorite? Broccoli Cheese Casserole is one side dish that there never seems to be any leftovers of during the holidays. This recipe is one that my Aunt Susan passed along to the rest of our family, it’s super easy to make and doesn’t take long to throw together. I sure hope it will be as big of a hit with your family and friends, as it is with mine. Enjoy and happy baking!
- 2 lb broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c mayonaise
- 8 Tbs butter
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 crackers, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl melt the butter, then add the soup, mayonnaise, eggs and half of the cheese until combined.
- Add the onion and the broccoli and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan, sprinkle on the remaining cheese and crushed cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and cool the casserole for 5-10 minutes,serve warm.