This half pound cake uses half the butter + Greek yogurt for a delicious lighter option, it’s definitely not your traditional pound cake!
I made this beauty last week for a baby shower and there were just a couple of slices leftover; lucky me. A soft, fluffy cake with just a hint of lemon; which will make you want to a second (or third) slice. Enjoy and happy baking!
Half Pound Cake
- 1 c butter, softened
- 3 c sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp of lemon oil (you can also use 1 tsp of lemon extract instead)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c Greek yogurt (the traditional recipe calls for Sour Cream)
- 3 c flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 egg whites, whipped until stiff
- Preheat your oven to 325º and prepare a large bundt pan with cooking spray and coat it with 2 Tbs of sugar.
- *Note if you don't have a large enough pan you can bake it in 2 large or 3 medium sized loaf pans, cooking time will vary slightly, about 3-5 minutes less.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, add the egg yolks one at a time, add the lemon oil.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda and add it to the egg mixture, alternating with the Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites gently and spread the batter into your pan(s).
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe from Grandma Goggi
Courses cake, dessert
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
[…] couple of months ago I made a double batch of our favorite pound cake and stashed a couple of slices away in my freezer knowing that I was going to make some variation […]