I am also really excited about today’s recipe, like I baked it twice in one week because it is so tasty excited! When you think about the holidays it doesn’t take long for your brain to get to gingerbread I am sure, at least not mine. I knew I wanted to create something just a little different, but with the classic delicious flavors of fall.
Plan on sharing it with a friend or two, so you won’t be tempted to eat it all yourself. It also tastes great without the added goodies, for all you non-cranberry lovers out there; enjoy and happy baking!
Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Gingerbread
Yield 8 mini loaves or one large
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c fresh cranberries
- 1 c chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a 8 well mini loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and salt. In the bowl of your stand mixer beat together the honey, almond milk, Greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until moistened and fold in the cranberries and chocolate chunks.
- Evenly distribute the batter among the loaf pan(s) and bake for 25-28 minutes for minis and 60-65 for a large; or until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs and the edges start to golden.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve or wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from Cranberry Gingerbread Loaf by Ocean Spray
Courses bread, breakfast