The holidays are coming and that means lots of cooking, baking, having fun and just plain being busy. As a mom of two, I know what busy days feel like, so it’s no surprise that I love tips on how to cut down on my time spent cleaning up the kitchen. Less time washing dishes means more time with the ones I love. How do I do it you ask? PAM Cooking Spray to the rescue! Did you know that the new formula is 99% residue free and has zero calories. Yep you read that right, 99% less residue means no sticky, yucky pans and calorie free – well you don’t need me to tell you how awesome that is!Thanksgiving and Christmas are a great time to get together with family and have a little fun and a whole lot of food. What better way to cut down on the stress of the day than by prepping your pans and baking dishes with the new PAM Cooking or Baking Sprays. In my house we use PAM everyday. No seriously, we do! We love it, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert; PAM is our go to spray. It saves so much time that would otherwise be spent scraping and scrubbing dishes.Today I want to share with you one of my very favorite things to eat for breakfast, quiche. Not just any quiche either, Cheddar Bacon Quiche.
A crisp, cheddar laced crust is filled with chopped bacon and a cheesy eggs. It’s super tasty, satisfying and makes a great breakfast or lunch. Serve it with fruit and a glass of juice in the morning or a side salad at mid-day, either way, I just know that you’re going to love it!
So this holiday season why not whip together this Cheddar Bacon Quiche to give you the energy to create a memorable meal for your family and friends. Don’t forget to save yourself a slice, you won’t want to miss out.
- 1¼ c all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ⅓ c Greek yogurt
- ½ c butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbs ice cold water
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 extra large eggs
- ½ c shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 c whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste, I used ½ tsp
- In your food processor fitted with the dough blade combine the flour and sugar and pulse to combine.
- Add the Greek yogurt, butter, egg and 1 Tbs of water; pulse to combine.
- As the dough starts to come together add more water as needed, once the dough starts to cling together add the cheese and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean surface and shape into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425º and spray a 9" pie dish with PAM Cooking Spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cheese, bacon, milk and seasoning.
- Roll the dough out into a large circle and transfer it to the pie dish, prick the dough with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Drop the oven temperature down to 400º and evenly spread the bacon over the crust.
- Add the egg mixture on top of the bacon and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven carefully and cool 10 minutes, slice and serve.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PAM Cooking Spray.
For more information, visit PAM Cooking Spray.