Cheddar Bacon Quiche + Giveaway
Yield 8 -10 servings
for the crust:
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 c Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbs ice cold water
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
for the filling:
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 c whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste, I used 1/2 tsp
- In your food processor fitted with the dough blade combine the flour and sugar and pulse to combine.
- Add the Greek yogurt, butter, egg and 1 Tbs of water; pulse to combine.
- As the dough starts to come together add more water as needed, once the dough starts to cling together add the cheese and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean surface and shape into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425º and spray a 9" pie dish with PAM Cooking Spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cheese, bacon, milk and seasoning.
- Roll the dough out into a large circle and transfer it to the pie dish, prick the dough with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Drop the oven temperature down to 400º and evenly spread the bacon over the crust.
- Add the egg mixture on top of the bacon and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven carefully and cool 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Quiche Lorraine in 500 Pies and Tarts by Rebecca Baugniet
Courses breakfast, main dish
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/11/cheddar-bacon-quiche-giveaway.html