Salted Caramel Sauce
Yield 8 oz
- 3/4 c sugar
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat cook the sugar, whisking continuously until melted.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes, until the mixture turns a deep amber color.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla and sea salt, whisk until smooth.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Store remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
recipe adapted from Churros and Salted Caramel Sauce by The Novice Chef
Courses Dessert, Sauce
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/11/salted-caramel-sauce.html