Rich chocolate brownies are studded with crushed peppermint and chocolate chips, these Peppermint Crunch Brownies make a perfect holiday treat to share with family and friends.
We spent the weekend out of town visiting family and attending my nephew’s wedding. On our drive home we took a little detour to Bass Pro Shop, because my kids love the fish tank and my husband loves the entire store. After a little browsing and several rides on the merry-go-round in Santa’s Workshop Village I ventured over to the camping section of the store.
I was pretty excited when I saw the Lodge Cast Iron display area and even more excited when I found this cute little 6.5″ skillet! It’s been on my wish list for far too long. When we got home I knew the first thing I wanted to bake in this little cutie was brownies, because some days I just want brownies. For me it’s been about two weeks that I have been craving some brownies, so these are well overdue! This post is for you mom, my mom is the biggest chocolate mint fan I have ever met. So I decided to make a fun, festive skillet brownie for all the chocolate mint lover’s out there.
Rich, decadent chocolate peppermint brownies are filled with miniature chocolate chips and crunchy bits of peppermint. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I have; happy baking!
- 4 Tbs butter
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 egg, large
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 6 Tbs all purpose flour
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ c crushed peppermints/candy canes
- ¼ c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and lightly oil a 6.5" cast iron skillet.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl melt the butter in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir in the sugar until combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, crushed peppermint and mini chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter into the skillet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, to serve warm, or cool completely and slice into 6 servings.
Looking for a few more ways to enjoy chocolate and mint? Try these