Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Yield 3 dozen truffles, depending on size
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs corn syrup
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 24 soft round peppermints, crushed
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the heavy cream, butter and syrup, cook until it simmers. Set the cream mixture aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute, whisk until smooth, heating in additional 15 second increments if necessary.
- Whisk in half of the cream mixture to the chocolate until smooth, add the remaining cream to the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop portion the chocolate out and roll into balls, roll in the crushed peppermint.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week.
Recipe adapted from All Purpose Truffles in Chocolate by Nick Malgieri
Courses candy, dessert