Smooth, rich dark chocolate peppermint truffles are coated with crushed soft peppermints and make the perfect minty bite for the holiday season!
Can you believe there are only 19 days until Christmas, I haven’t even bought one present yet! But I have been spending my free time in the kitchen whipping up delicious goodies to share with my family and friends. Last week I shared this collection of 10 treats for your holiday gift giving and todays recipe would make a great addition. Whether you make them for yourself, a friend or to share at a party, you’re going to love these rich, dark chocolate truffles coated with crushed soft peppermints. They’re sure to put you and your friends in the holiday spirit; I hope you’ll enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Yield 3 dozen truffles, depending on size
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs corn syrup
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 24 soft round peppermints, crushed
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the heavy cream, butter and syrup, cook until it simmers. Set the cream mixture aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute, whisk until smooth, heating in additional 15 second increments if necessary.
- Whisk in half of the cream mixture to the chocolate until smooth, add the remaining cream to the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop portion the chocolate out and roll into balls, roll in the crushed peppermint.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week.
Recipe adapted from All Purpose Truffles in Chocolate by Nick Malgieri
Courses candy, dessert