Peppermint Crunch Brownies
Yield 6 servings
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c crushed peppermints/candy canes
- 1/4 c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and lightly oil a 6.5" cast iron skillet.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl melt the butter in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir in the sugar until combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, crushed peppermint and mini chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter into the skillet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, to serve warm, or cool completely and slice into 6 servings.
The brownies will continue to cook a little after it's removed from the oven, so you can adjust the time slightly to achieve your desired consistency.
Courses Dessert, Brownies
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/11/peppermint-crunch-brownies.html