The other day I was taking to a friend of mine, picking her brain for ideas of what to make to go along with my dinner and she mentioned my mother in laws sour cream cornbread. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it myself, we love cornbread! So I decided to whip up a batch of it with just a few minor alternations, I prefer baking with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. So today I’m sharing this Creamed Corn Cornbread with you, its soft, delicious and has just a touch of sweetness.
I am a big fan of fresh bread with a meal, I’m kind of a carb-aholic. The taste, the smell, whatever it is, I just can’t control myself when freshly baked bread is in the room! This cornbread is easy to make and is ready to serve in under 30 minutes. Another one of my favorite fast bread recipes is this Quick & Easy Dinner Rolls, they are perfect for a week night when you don’t have hours to wait and wait for fresh bread.
Serve it along side just about anything – soup, casserole, fried chicken; or enjoy it warm from the oven with a drizzle of honey. No matter who you decide to make it for, this Creamed Corn Cornbread is sure to be a hit. Enjoy and happy baking!
Creamed Corn Cornbread
Yield 8 -10 servings
- 1 c cream style corn
- 1 c Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 c self-rising corn meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and grease a a 8-well mini loaf pan or a 10" cast iron skillet, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the corn, Greek yogurt, eggs, oil and sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the corn meal and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan/skillet and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden on top.
*If your using the loaf pan bake time will be between 20-23 minutes and for the cast iron skillet 28-30 minutes.
Serving Size 1 loaf / slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.