Tart, tangy lime curd filling atop a tender toasted coconut shortbread crust, these Toasted Coconut Lime Bars a real treat!
As I promised on Monday today I’m sharing the recipe for the Toasted Coconut Lime Bars we enjoyed with our family a few weeks ago. They were a hit with the family, I had to quickly set a couple aside just so I could photograph them for you all. Lucky me that meant I had dessert for a couple of days afterwards, one of the perks of taking pictures later than I typically do.
These have a different taste and texture than your typical lemon bar, which I really enjoyed. So if you like lime, then you are going to love these bars; tart and tangy, with just enough sweetness. Enjoy and happy baking!
Toasted Coconut Lime Bars
Yield 16 bars
for the crust:
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1/3 c toasted coconut
for the filling:
- 1 c lime curd
- 2 Tbs flour
to make the crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, powdered sugar and toasted coconut; stir in the coconut oil and press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
to make the bars:
- In a bowl mix together the curd and the flour until smooth and spread the topping over the crust, bake 20-25 minutes until the edges crisp just slightly.
- Cool in the pan 20 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar and toasted coconut.
- Slice and serve.