Apple Cake is a delicious fragrant loaf cake filled with juicy apples and cinnamon, it makes the perfect fall birthday cake!
Today is my birthday and lately I can’t seem to get enough apples! I have no idea why but the last couple of days all I want is something involving apples, as you can tell from my recent blog posts. Another great treat we found while on vacation was apple cake which even I loved, probably because it was more like a bread than a cake or maybe because it was sweet?
Either way, I have been thinking I would try my hand at recreating it, since I have so many delicious apples to use up. This apple cake is in loaf form, mini loaves to be exact, incase I decide to share, we’ll see. I just know you are going to love this moist, fragrant loaf cake filled with juicy apples and cinnamon. So go on and give this recipe a try, enjoy and happy baking!
Yield 8 mini cakes
- 2 c flour
- 2 c apples, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare an 8 well mini loaf pan with baking spray.
- Cream the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add the chopped apples and stir to coat; add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and milk and mix until moist.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan, sprinkle the 1 Tbs of brown sugar on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven, cool completely in the pan and serve.
Courses cake, apple