This month for the Secret Recipe Club I’m sharing a batch of these delicious Chocolate Coconut Brownies – rich, gooey brownies filled with chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
For July SRC I was assigned From Grandma Loy’s Kitchen, Loy has quite the recipe archive. I had the hardest time trying to narrow down what to make, but I finally decided on making these Chocolate Coconut Brownies. I will definitely be trying the Easy Under 1 Hour Pizza Dough and the Easy Pretzel Pralines soon and I especially love the section of her archive that is devoted to pantry staples you can make yourself. I don’t know how many times I have run out of something I need to finish dinner and don’t have the time to run off to the store to get it! Check out her recipes, there’s bound to be a few you will love.
Now on to the brownies, I may have professed my obsession with brownies more than once. Ok probably more than a dozen times! But seriously, who doesn’t love a nice gooey, chocolatey square of baked goodness!? If you raised your hand… it’s ok, I’ll just pretend it didn’t happen and then we can still be friends. Loy hit the nail on the head with these brownies for sure and coming from me that should mean a lot.
Thick, rich chocolate fudge brownies filled with chocolate chips and shredded coconut, these are a chocolate and coconut lover’s dream come true; enjoy and happy baking!
- 1½ c flour
- ½ c cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c shredded coconut
- ½ c chocolate chips
- ½ c coconut oil, melted
- 1⅔ c sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil, about 30 seconds, whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter into the pan and bake for 25-28 minutes, until a tester comes out with a few crumbs.
- Cool in the pan completely, slice and serve.