Smooth, creamy Rich Chocolate Pudding makes a great afternoon snack.
One snack I think most people loved as a child, or at least I did and I’m pretty sure most still do as adults, is pudding. You already know from this post that I love banana pudding. To me the only thing better than banana is chocolate! I have professed my love of/for chocolate many times here on the blog, it never lets me down and always tastes so good. When my sister and I were young we loved Snack Packs, specifically the chocolate ones, especially the brownie 3 layered ones. For a while now I have been talking about making pudding from scratch and this morning I finally did! All I can say is move over instant – I may never buy you again! This pudding is creamy, decadent and full of rich chocolate flavor. It comes together quite easy and quick, it’s sure to become a favorite in your home, as it is in mine. I hope you enjoy!
Rich Chocolate Pudding
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/3 c cocoa powder, I used dark dutch cocoa
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 c milk, 1 chocolate + 1 regular, I used almond milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar, cocoa, corn starch and salt; whisk in the milk and cook over medium heat until it boils.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks and whisk in some of the chocolate mixture to temper the eggs.
- Add the egg mixture back into the pan while whisking and boil for 1 1/2 to 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, measure into serving dishes and cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Once chilled, serve with whipped topping, fruit, frozen as popsicles or all by itself.
Courses dessert, pudding