Easy Chicken Fried Rice is the perfect quick, delicious weeknight meal!
Today I am back after a few weeks off, moving with small kids is no joke you guys! School starts this week so I am sharing one of our favorite quick and easy meals, Easy Chicken Fried Rice. It is perfect for the hectic weeks that lie ahead with the hustle and bustle of the back to school season.
My favorite thing about this meal is that it can be made even faster with leftovers. Maybe you made a bunch of rice the night before to serve with your tacos, now just turn the leftovers into fried rice. Got leftover chicken, even easier, just chop some up and toss it in! I like to use a frozen veggie mix, you can steam it in the microwave while you prep the other parts of the meal and it is a snap.
My family prefers this dish with white rice, but it is so easy to switch it up and use your favorite type of rice instead. Chicken, carrots, peas, onions and fried egg make this Easy Chicken Fried Rice a great all in one meal. I’m sending all of you mamas and papas out there some good vibes for a safe and happy back to school, I hope you’ll enjoy this meal as much as we do!
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 2 c rice, cooked and cooled (any kind)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs honey or liquid sweetener
- 1 c cooked chicken, diced
- 1 c frozen pea & carrot/veggie mix, steamed
- 2 eggs, fried and chopped
- In a large skillet or wok heat the oil and cook the onion until tender.
- Add the cooled rice and cook for about 3 minutes, then stir to cook the other side.
- Add the soy sauce and honey, stir to coat the rice.
- Stir in the chicken, veggies and fried egg.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes until all ingredients are warm.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Courses main dish, chicken