Soft, sweet strawberry bread has just a hint of cinnamon and makes a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
We spent this past weekend with my husbands family which is always fun, especially when there is a house full. It means lots of goodies, no end to the food possibilities, here is a tasty bread recipe mom makes, it goes pretty quick. I only ate one slice over the weekend, so when we came home I decided I wanted to make some of my own.
The funny thing, or not so funny thing about baking new recipes while pregnant, is that I tend to miss something very obvious and end up having an “oh no” moment almost every time! So the batter is all ready to go into the oven and I read the last line of the instructions, divide into “two loaf pans” – yikes! I only have one, so what does one do in this dilemma? Make one loaf and 18 muffins! If you love strawberries and quick breads then you really must go bake so up, enjoy and happy baking!
Yield 2 Loaves
- 3 c flour
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 c oil
- 3 c fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 c walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add eggs, oil and strawberries, stir well in your mixer.
- Fold in the nuts and combine gently.
- Divide batter into 2 loaf pans, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350º F for 1 hour.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then tun onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
FYI – I didn’t use nuts, because you may know how I’m not a big fan. For a slightly lighter version, I used 1/2 c applesauce and 1/2 oil, the bread was moist and amazing!
Looking for more quick bread recipes?
Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Gingerbread
Leave a Reply