Heavenly Hash Frozen Yogurt is a healthier option than the traditional ice cream treat but with all the same delicious flavors you love!
I can remember as a kid my dad always bought two kinds of ice cream, Heavenly Hash and Strawberry, back then I didn’t appreciate the deliciousness of almonds in ice cream and would always spit them out. Fast forward a few decades and I am basically obsessed with almonds, go figure kids don’t know anything! I love, love, love ice cream, but eating it everyday isn’t really an option. I’m trying to be a responsible, sensible adult over here, so turning one of my favorite flavors of ice cream into frozen yogurt was basically a must. Now I can satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt and calories of a regular scoop of ice cream.
Smooth creamy chocolate frozen yogurt loaded with chocolate chunks, sliced almonds and swirls of marshmallow cream, this Heavenly Hash Frozen Yogurt is a lighter treat you’ll crave all summer long. I hope you get a chance to try it soon and love it as much as my family does, enjoy!
Heavenly Hash Frozen Yogurt
Yield 8-10 servings
- 2/3 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c cocoa, sifted - I like Ghirardelli Majestic Cocoa
- 16 oz half and half
- 32 oz Greek Yogurt - I used 2%
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 1 oz chocolate chopped, I used 50% cacao
- 3.5 oz marshmallow cream, about half a jar
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar and cocoa, then add the half and half, yogurt and chocolate extract and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sliced almonds and chopped chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 qt ice cream maker and freeze according to the appliance instructions.
- Spread the frozen yogurt into a large container and swirl dollops of the marshmallow cream into the mixture, cover tightly and freeze for 2-3 hours until firm.
Craving more delicious ice cream recipes, heres a few of my favorites?
Plus check out even more recipes from some of my blogging friends: