Chocolate Almond Muffins
Yield 9 muffins
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1/2 c Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 2 1/2 Tbs dutch cocoa
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c toasted almonds, chopped (reserve 1 Tbs for topping) I used Emerald cinnamon roasted
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a standard muffin tin with 9 paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Stir in the almonds, chocolate chips and dried cranberries and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, Greek yogurt and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until the batter just comes together.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners about 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve.
Recipe adapted from Toasted Almond Chocolate Muffins by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
Courses Breakfast, muffin