Rich, creamy, chocolate avocado pudding pops are a delicious and healthier way to satisfy your chocolate cravings this summer.
Last month I shared these pudding pops over at Joyful Healthy Eats. Today I am excited to bring them home to share with you, since despite it being November, it is still pretty warm here in Florida. When my daughter was younger, she was a huge avocado fan, lately not so much. A couple of months ago I saw avocado pudding for the first time, so I thought why not make it into popsicles? My toddler would eat a popsicle every day if I let her (some times I do) and since theses pops are packed with healthy avocado, I don’t feel too guilty about it either!
Creamy, chocolate and avocado popsicles, these were a big hit with my little one and even I (a non-avocado eater) liked them! The chocolate doesn’t mask the avocado flavor completely, but it does help to tone it down. I recommend sweetening them to suit your taste, which may mean using more or less honey or other liquid sweetener. No matter the time of year, I love a good frozen treat – I hope you’ll enjoy!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Pops
Yield 6 , 2 oz. pudding pops
- 2 c avocado, ripe
- 4 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 Tbs almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Peel and slice the avocado. In a food processor blend the avocado until smooth.
- In a small bowl melt the chocolate in the microwave at 15 second increments.
- Add the honey, cocoa, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla and salt; stir until smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the avocado purée and blend until combined.
- Transfer the pudding into Popsicle molds and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Courses dessert, frozen
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Avocado Pudding by Jessica of How Sweet It Is
[…] Chocolate Avocado Pudding Pops […]