It’s SRC time again! One of my favorite emails every month is when I receive a new blog to bake from and this month for Secret Recipe Club I was assigned Culinary Adventures. Camilla is actually our new hostess for Group B, her blog is full of many unique and delicious recipes, so I wanted to try to find just the right recipe to make. When I saw her post titled The Great Oklahoman Cookie Dis of 2003, I just knew I had to try them!
She shares a hilarious story about a time while she was pregnant and living in Oklahoma, she attended a mothers meet and greet – I think a lot of you already know how hard it is to meet new people, especially once you have kids to care for. There was a cookie exchange involved in the get together and she brought these Chocolate Cinnamon Cranberry Cookies, apparently everyone else brought pretty basic cookies and totally snubbed hers. So she went home sad and with the same 6 dozen cookies in hand. Now here is where the story gets great: Her sweet husband ended up loving the cookies so much that he still asks when she will make them again!
So today for Camilla and her family I am sharing these amazingly delicious cookies. If you love chocolate cookies filled with a ton of yummy extras then you are going to love these chocolate cinnamon cranberry cookies. I know I sure did, if I had to write a story about the day I made them it would probably be titled “The day I ate half a dozen cookies” seriously they are that good!
Chewy, delicious chocolate cookies loaded with white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and pecans. These just may be my new favorite cookie; enjoy and happy baking!
Chocolate Cinnamon Cranberry Cookies
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, extra large
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 c pecans, chopped
- 3/4 c white chocolate chips
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats and preheat oven to 375º F.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Then gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, cranberries and pecans.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop place dough 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, cookies should be slightly puffed and begin to crisp around the edges.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
recipe adapted from Camilla's Chocolate Cinnamon Cranberry Cookies
Courses cookies, dessert