Yield 8 -10 rolls
Recipe adapted from Calzone dough from 500 Pies & Tarts by Rebecca Baugniet
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c water, very warm
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp parsley, I used dried but fresh would taste good too
- In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together 1 c flour, the yeast, honey and salt.
- In a small microwave safe bowl heat the water for 1 minute and stir in the olive oil.
- Add the water mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, add the remaining flour and stir until incorporated.
- Knead the dough for about a minute or two until smooth, place in a greased bowl and cover; let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400º and line a baking pan with a baking mat or parchment. In a small bowl combine the melted butter and garlic, set aside.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 8-10 equal pieces (think strips of dough).
- Take the dough and tie it into a knot and tuck the ends underneath, spoon/brush on the butter garlic mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
Courses bread, roll