If you have been a reader of this site for long and had the chance to scan my index you may have wondered what’s the deal with the lack of cookie recipes on a baking blog? Until recently, I wasn’t much of a cookie fan. I’m not exactly sure what happened, as I told my husband – I think something must be wrong with me, his response was something must be right!
Truth be told, I have made a lot more cookies than have ended up on the blog. I’ll be honest, I tend have some real issues with results – they are either too flat or too crisp. So today I am happy to share a recipe that really brings results, if you crave a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie; then this is one to try. Warm from the oven, with a glass of cold milk, is definitely the way to go, enjoy and happy baking!
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 2 dozen
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c + 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 2/3 c chocolate chips, I used white chocolate, dark chocolate and mini semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars; until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and eggs; beat until well mixed. Next add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 Tbs of dough about 2 inches apart onto your baking sheet. Bake for 8 1/2 to 9 minutes. Remove from the oven, and cool a few minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a wire rack, cool completely or serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Martha Stewart