Caramel Pecan Oat Bars
Yield 12 bars
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 c oat flour
- 3/4 c pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c caramel sauce, I used store bought
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare an 8"x8" with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, 1/2 pecans, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Slowly add the oat mixture and beat on low speed, reserve 1 c of the mixture for topping.
- Press the mixture into the 8"x8" pan, spread the caramel sauce evenly over the surface and crumble the remaining 1 c of mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan, slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Cappuccino Caramel-Oat Bars from 100 Best Cookies by Better Homes and Gardens