Ok so you might be thinking, is cinnamon the only thing she bakes? No, it is not! But it is my husband’s favorite 🙂 With that said I wanted to bake something that he would want. After searching for days, I finally decided on this yummy recipe for cinnamon roll muffins. I love cinnamon rolls, oh how I do, and you know that I love muffins! Well I started making the recipe (like I tend to do sometimes) and I didn’t check to see if I had all the ingredients, no eggs! Insistent that this would not ruin my baking, I continued on without them.
I admit, I was skeptical about the whole no egg thing, but they were delicious! So if you are feeling like you could go for some cinnamon rolls, then you should probably get up right now and go make these muffins. Don’t worry they are easy, and pretty quick too. Here is the recipe, the original one. If you don’t have any eggs either, then just leave it out and add a 1/4 c of water like I did. Oh and I didn’t use the cardamom either, because I definitely didn’t have any of that, enjoy and happy baking!
Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp instant yeast
- 2/3 c warm milk (100-110 degrees F)
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- For the topping/filling
- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamom
- For the glaze:
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs heavy cream or half and half
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast into a measuring cup with the warm milk, then add to the flour mixture along with the vanilla, vegetable oil, and egg.
- Stir until very smooth.
- Divide among 12 greased muffin tins, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cardamon with a fork. Divide the mixture among the muffins, using a fork to swirl it into the batter.
- Place in a cold oven, then set the temperature to 350.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned around the edges, and they spring back with lightly pressed.
- Allow to cool slightly; meanwhile make the glaze.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar with the cream, stirring well to combine.
- Drizzle over muffins before serving.