If you read this, then you know I love muffins, assuming anyone actually does read this! Anyway, back to muffins – what I love about muffins is that they are self contained, and they can be made in cute little papers or miniatures, in so many different varieties. I have been wanting to try an orange-type muffin, I was a little apprehensive, not sure if I would like an orange-flavored bread. So when I came across this recipe for Citrus Blueberry Muffins in one of my cooking magazines, I decided I just had to try it, slightly modified of course. You know what? I liked it, and so did my co-workers. Needless to say if you like citrus and blueberries and you want some muffins, you should probably go mix up a batch. And the best part they don’t take long to bake. Go on, get baking and enjoy!
Citrus Blueberry Muffins
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c orange juice
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1 Tbs grated orange peel
- 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the
- egg, orange juice, applesauce and orange peel.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer into a muffin pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.