Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp instant yeast
- 2/3 c warm milk (100-110 degrees F)
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- For the topping/filling
- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamom
- For the glaze:
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs heavy cream or half and half
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast into a measuring cup with the warm milk, then add to the flour mixture along with the vanilla, vegetable oil, and egg.
- Stir until very smooth.
- Divide among 12 greased muffin tins, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cardamon with a fork. Divide the mixture among the muffins, using a fork to swirl it into the batter.
- Place in a cold oven, then set the temperature to 350.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned around the edges, and they spring back with lightly pressed.
- Allow to cool slightly; meanwhile make the glaze.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar with the cream, stirring well to combine.
- Drizzle over muffins before serving.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2010/05/cinnamon-roll-muffins.html