Delicious individual scalloped potatoes make a great dinner or side dish.
You might be thinking to yourself she usually bakes desserts, but these looked to good not to try. I was checking out the Tasty Kitchen blog earlier during a free second, and stumbled across these scrumptious individual scalloped potatoes. And you know what? My hunch was right (and my husband agrees) these were fantastic! So go to your fridge and make sure that you have the ingredients: ham, potatoes, shredded cheese, butter, scallions/onion. You know I can’t resist a short list ingredient recipe, enjoy and happy baking!
Individual Scalloped Potatoes
Yield 12 stacks
- 3 whole medium potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter (or a whole, if you like a lot)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cups onion/scallions, chopped
- 12 teaspoons milk
- salt and pepper
- Pierce potatoes with fork, sprinkle with salt, wrap in damp paper towel and microwave for 10 minutes, potatoes should be firm.
- Set aside and let cool till they can be handled, then slice.
- Place small pats of butter in each mold of a muffin/cupcake pan, then a slice of potatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, then cheese and onion/scallions.
- Repeat layers: potato, salt & pepper, cheese, scallions. 2 layers is about all that should fit.
- Top each mold with another pat of butter and drizzle each with 1 tsp of milk.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and potatoes are brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve warm.
Serving Size 2 stacks
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.