Individual Scalloped Potatoes
Yield 12 stacks
- 3 whole medium potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter (or a whole, if you like a lot)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cups onion/scallions, chopped
- 12 teaspoons milk
- salt and pepper
- Pierce potatoes with fork, sprinkle with salt, wrap in damp paper towel and microwave for 10 minutes, potatoes should be firm.
- Set aside and let cool till they can be handled, then slice.
- Place small pats of butter in each mold of a muffin/cupcake pan, then a slice of potatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, then cheese and onion/scallions.
- Repeat layers: potato, salt & pepper, cheese, scallions. 2 layers is about all that should fit.
- Top each mold with another pat of butter and drizzle each with 1 tsp of milk.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and potatoes are brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve warm.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2010/04/individual-scalloped-potatoes.html