A hearty and filling Chicken Lasagna makes a perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love.
Yesterday for dinner I decided to make lasagna, it sounded good, plus I haven’t cooked dinner in a few weeks. I guess you could say I was inspired by Ina Garten, I was watching her show the day before and she made wild mushroom lasagna, so Ina + subconscious = dinner.
I think this may have been the first time I have ever made lasagna, I can’t remember? It turned out really tasty, just waiting for it to finish baking was tough, it made the whole house smell so good. I served the lasagna with crusty bread, fresh veggies and salad for a crowd pleasing meal. So if your like me and have no idea what to make for dinner most days I hope you’ll give this recipe a try, enjoy and happy baking!
Yield 8 -10 servings
- 1 box no boil lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 c shredded Italian cheese blend
- 5 c spaghetti sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- Preheat your oven to 375º and coat a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta with the eggs and set aside.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with sauce, add a layer of noodles, spread on some of ricotta mixture, then sprinkle chicken and Italian cheese on top.
- Repeat the layering, the top layer should be sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes, remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
Courses dinner, main dish
Leave a Reply