These soft fudge brownies are topped with a thick layer of rich chocolate ganache which makes these Ganache Brownies the perfect Valentine dessert to share with your loved ones or friends.
Can you believe Valentine’s Day is tomorrow!?! Maybe it’s because the twins are about to turn 1, yes ONE! But I swear it was just last year and I was hugely pregnant and praying for it to last as long as possible but also counting down the days for it to end.
But I digress, let’s get back to Valentine’s Day. No Valentines is complete in my opinion without a little chocolate and these ganache topped brownies are no exception. Why settle for just a box of store bought truffles when you can celebrate the ones you love (that includes you) with homemade brownies covered with a smooth truffle topping.
- 8 Tbs butter
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c chocolate chips
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 c good quality dark chocolate chips
- ½ c heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and line an 8"x8" baking pan with aluminum foil, prepare with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- Return the mixture to the microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds to melt the chocolate completely, stir until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and salt; beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and stir until the batter just comes together.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 23-25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the heavy cream for 1 minute, stirring after the first 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the ganache over the brownies and add the sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, slice, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes and serve.
- Store remaining brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I make no secret about my preference for chocolate on Valentine’s Day, but you could definitely toss on whatever festive sprinkles you’d like to cater the look of these to almost any holiday or occasion. Here’s wishing you each a Happy Valentine’s Day, I hope you’ll enjoy these too, happy baking!
Need more chocolatey goodness?