Fudgy, rich dark chocolate combines with pumpkin to create these delicious Pumpkin Fudge Brownies.
You probably already know that I’m obsessed with brownies. You may even know that I prefer my pumpkin with a little chocolate. But today’s recipe is no exception! After I shared my double chocolate pumpkin waffles last week, I still had half a can of pumpkin remaining. So I decided making some brownies was in order. I absolutely love the moistness that pumpkin brings to baked goods. Fudgy, rich dark chocolate combines with pumpkin into these delicious, moist brownies you’re going to love. Enjoy and happy baking!
Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
Recipe type: brownie, dessert
Serves: 9 brownies
- ¼ c bittersweet chocolate, I used Ghirardelli chips
- ½ stick of butter
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ⅓ c sugar
- ½ c pumpkin, divided into ¼ c
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ c cocoa powder, I used King Arthur Flour Double Dutch Dark Cocoa
- ⅓ c flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ c semi sweet miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the bittersweet chocolate, butter, brown sugar and sugar and microwave over high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir the mixture until combined, microwaving for an additional 15 seconds if needed. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Whisk together the cocoa, flour and salt, add it to the chocolate mixture until it just comes together; fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the baking pan and using a butter knife swirl the remaining ¼ c of pumpkin puree into the brownies.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan completely, slice and serve.