These delicious, soft Butterscotch Pecan Cookies are the perfect afternoon treat your family and friends will love!
Lately I’ve been thinking I eat too many cookies. I know thats a silly thing to worry about, but it’s true! Some days I do really well with eating a balanced diet and exercising. Other days I just want to bake batches and batches of soft, chewy cookies to enjoy with the kids and live in my yoga pants. First off, thank goodness for yoga pants and their socially acceptable place in the world these days. Now that I am a stay at home mom (this isn’t new) I honestly think I own more athletic wear than I ever have in my life… and some days I don’t even make it to the gym. I know I’m not alone in this, I know that many of you and my friends will be shaking your heads as you read this and think yes!
Second, being a mom is hard work. Yes it is rewarding, yes sometimes it’s nap time before I change out of my yoga pants and into real clothes (and yes I am ok with it)! I’m happy = I love my crazy, hectic, awesome days that I get to spend with my kids and yes lately quite often those days include cookies. I am sure the day will come, years from now when my kids will be embarrassed to see me out in public despite what I may be wearing and they probably won’t eagerly join me in the kitchen with spoons and bowls to help mix up a batch of cookie dough. But for now I am just glad that little things like freshly baked cookies make them happy and that I can share them with you all.
So whether it’s a yoga pant and cookie day or a workout and eat sensible day – I hoped you’ll enjoy these Butterscotch Pecan Cookies with a few of your loved ones; happy baking!
Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c shortening
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz butterscotch chips
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese, shortening, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition, beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until it comes together.
- Add the butterscotch chips and pecans and stir to evenly distribute.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- Scoop the dough into 2 Tbs sized portions and flatten slightly with your fingers, spacing 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Courses cookie, dessert