Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c shortening
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz butterscotch chips
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese, shortening, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition, beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until it comes together.
- Add the butterscotch chips and pecans and stir to evenly distribute.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- Scoop the dough into 2 Tbs sized portions and flatten slightly with your fingers, spacing 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Courses cookie, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/07/butterscotch-pecan-cookies.html